Author Topic: Hello  (Read 194 times)

Offline Michel Llibre

• Welcome to the Satellite Tracker Forum
Hello
« on: July 28, 2019, 10:49:46 AM »
Hello,
I just installed version 2.6.1 to drive an AZEQ6 mount via HWVS and EQLODLX. First try: In the list Visual.txt I tried the tracking with Cosmos 2228 slightly above the horizon. The telescope is moving, not very regularly, it seems to me. The motors sing a little. But as it is the day (4 PM) and I do not see anything, I can not conclude anything for the moment. Next tests when the ISS will be visible.
Sincerely,
Michel.

Offline John Eccles

• Owner of Satellite Tracker and Yahoo Satellite Tracker
  • Administrator
    • Satellite Tracker
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 10:59:55 AM »
I would suggest that you track the ISS first to test the setup you have before you start tracking other objects. The ISS has been successfully tracked by many users and there are also some nice pictures of the ISS as it was being tracked. If you have difficulty tracking the ISS then you must find out where in your chain of hardware things are going awry. Welcome to the real-time tracking of the ISS and hope all goes well for you.
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker

Offline Barry Brown

• Welcome to the Satellite Tracker Forum
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 04:07:22 PM »
Hopefully by now you've had some better luck. If not, here are some tips:

Do it at night, starting about an hour after sunset. LEO objects are most visible then.

Align your telescope and mount well. Some objects move quite quickly and accurate positioning is a must.

Set the clock on your mount and computer as accurately as possible. Being off by even a second or two can make a huge difference in pointing accuracy.

Go ahead and try tracking things like rocket boosters. But try ones that are higher above the horizon, say between 30-60 degrees. They'll be moving quicker and easier to see. If the telescope is tracking correctly, you'll see them as a stationary point of light as the stars whiz by.

Good luck!