Author Topic: Bump into Hardstop on LX200GPS  (Read 248 times)

Offline Nic Mcmilan

• Welcome to the Satellite Tracker Forum
    • Drone Quad Flying
Bump into Hardstop on LX200GPS
« on: September 24, 2018, 09:22:28 PM »
Three times now I have ran into the hardstop while tracking in the last two weeks. I don't recall it doing that before (years ago). This during tracking, not the initial goto to preposition the scope before actual tracking.

Should the scope report (on autostar handset) there is a problem and abort the tracking? Mine just continued on in to the hardstop, lucky the clutch started to slip. Is this a known issue or a new issue with the newer ST versions? Can there something be done about it?

LX200GPS-14" 4.2G (patched version),
Satellite Tracker v2.6.1
Win10 on surface pro notebook tracking ISS.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 09:33:20 PM by Nic Mcmilan »

Offline John Eccles

• Owner of Satellite Tracker and Yahoo Satellite Tracker
  • Administrator
    • Satellite Tracker
Re: Bump into Hardstop on LX200GPS
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 09:45:11 PM »
I haven't heard of such reports before. However, you might want to do a search of the old Yahoo Group archived messages to see if there were any similar reports. I would normally do that but right now I am very busy with packing and planning for my next move back to Florida. So I am really tied up. Go to the section of this forum called: "Software Repository, Archived Messages, Pictures, and Software Utilities - You must be registered to download files or view content! " and go to the subheading "Archived Messages". You can do a search using keywords like hard stop, hardstop, and the like.
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker