Author Topic: Telescope Runaways  (Read 1404 times)

Offline Matthew Nelson

• Welcome to the Satellite Tracker Forum
Telescope Runaways
« on: December 01, 2017, 02:03:09 PM »
I have been using 2.6.1 extensively with a Celestron CGE-Pro mount.  On occasion when slewing
to, or tracking, a satellite near the meridian, the software will run the telescope toward the floor
in declination.  Shutting off tracking stops the telescope, which then repoints normally and usually
re-tracks the target as well.

Offline John Eccles

• Owner of Satellite Tracker and Yahoo Satellite Tracker
  • Administrator
    • Satellite Tracker
Re: Telescope Runaways
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 09:53:22 PM »
I haven't heard of such reports before. However, you might want to do a search of the old Yahoo Group archived messages to see if there were any similar reports. I would normally do that but right now I am very busy with packing and planning for my next move back to Florida. So I am really tied up. Go to the section of this forum called: "Software Repository, Archived Messages, Pictures, and Software Utilities - You must be registered to download files or view content! " and go to the subheading "Archived Messages". You can do a search using keywords like meridian, runaway, and the like.
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker

Offline Paul Noah

• Welcome to the Satellite Tracker Forum
Re: Telescope Runaways
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 01:23:11 PM »
I too see the runaway effect in both 2.5.1 and 2.6.1.  It seems to happen when I change focus on the window and sometimes just moving the mouse.  It seems to do better if nothing else is running.  I have Starry Night. PHD2, and ccdciel running simultaneously.  Satellite Tracker is the only software controlling the telescope since it does not share control like the other apps do.  I have an Advanced VX mount with the latest software updates.