Author Topic: Issues with Satellite Tracker, EQMODLX and AstroEQ on CG4 Mount  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Eric Hernandez

• Welcome to the Satellite Tracker Forum
Hi everyone,
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this, I also posted this under the SatTracker group for help. I have a lot of stuff going on with my setup and I'm actually quite surprised I made it this far =), so bear with me. I'll try to keep the problem short and sweet.

I'm having tracking issues with my motorized CG4 mount. I'm using Satellite Tracker with EQMOD, EQMODLX and AstroEQ as the motor driver.

The problem I'm having is that after intercepting, which seems to work fine (CDC and SatTrack agree on the location). Once it gets into continuous tracking mode things start to get a little wierd. My mount just starts hovering over the intercept point, it never actually follows the satellite across the sky.

I have the latest version of all software packages, and I know that eqmod and astroeq are working well with eachother as I have no problem chasing after normal sky objects. My mount should also be fast enough as I designed the setup using rather large stepper motors and am capable of using eqmod with the max sidereal rate.

Any ideas on what's going on or how I can troubleshoot it from here.
Thanks!
Eric

Offline Ruediger Proske

• Welcome to the Satellite Tracker Forum
Re: Issues with Satellite Tracker, EQMODLX and AstroEQ on CG4 Mount
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 01:51:11 PM »
Hi,
same issue with me; even on Ascom Scope Simulator. Interception point is properly found, but when starting tracking scope it goes astray...complete wild movements.

Offline John Eccles

• Owner of Satellite Tracker and Yahoo Satellite Tracker
  • Administrator
    • Satellite Tracker
Re: Issues with Satellite Tracker, EQMODLX and AstroEQ on CG4 Mount
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 04:12:10 PM »
I haven't heard of such reports before. However, you might want to do a search of the old Yahoo Group archived messages to see if there were any similar reports. I would normally do that but right now I am very busy with a major move. So I am really tied up. Go to the section of this forum called: "Software Repository, Archived Messages, Pictures, and Software Utilities - You must be registered to download files or view content! " and go to the subheading "Archived Messages". Download the file and then you can do a search using keywords like EQMODLX, CG4 Mount, and the like.
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker