Author Topic: Unable to connect to telescope  (Read 3056 times)

Offline Colm Brazel

• Welcome to the Satellite Tracker Forum
Unable to connect to telescope
« on: September 16, 2015, 02:42:22 PM »
Hi,

I suspect it may be a permissions problem or HW Virtual serial port has a driver problem as appears driver goes back to 2008. Currently
using satellite tracker latest ver I get as far as EQMOD.Telescope Connected....
[19:17:07] Server started and listening at TCP port 999. I'm using satellite tracker LX200GPS Polar interface, then Virtual Serial Port, then EQModLX
but when I try to connect in satellite tracker final step even though EQmod is now running, I get 'Unable to connect to telescope' I'm using a DIY cable which natively uses an old Prolific usb serial comm driver to work, perhaps cable only works for that driver and not HW VP driver. On the other hand last time I tried this I used Synscan PC Direct to try to get connection to my EQ8, but that didn't work either, though I intend to retest this method later.

Any thoughts on above appreciated.

Colm

Offline Rene van der Kaap

• Welcome to the Satellite Tracker Forum
Re: Unable to connect to telescope
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 02:06:39 PM »
Hi,

I have kind of the same problem, in my case it says: Unable to initialize serial port.
I did the same as Colm below although I have a HEQ5 mount.
Any idea's?
I have found that with just a com port without USB adapter it actually does work. Maybe it is the adapter but it could also be the virtual com port that is the problem.
Thanks in advance.

Rene
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 03:45:16 PM by Rene van der Kaap »