Author Topic: Integration with Ham Radio software  (Read 3738 times)

Offline Mike Crabtree

• Welcome to the Satellite Tracker Forum
Integration with Ham Radio software
« on: May 18, 2015, 07:52:20 PM »
I would like to use Satellite tracker with products like Ham Radio Deluxe or other ham radio software.
I could then use the HRD software to drive my ham radio, including doppler frequency changes and their own satellite tracking software, but to drive an AltAz Meade #497 Autostar DS2000 based mount.
I have removed the telescope from the mount and instead mounted an Arrow (2M/70CM) Satellite antenna to the Meade mount.

I can use these two pieces of software separately at this time, but integration would make a much nicer setup.

Mike (VA3MCT and amateur astronomer)

Offline John Eccles

• Owner of Satellite Tracker and Yahoo Satellite Tracker
  • Administrator
    • Satellite Tracker
Re: Integration with Ham Radio software
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 11:19:29 PM »
Actually I have given it thought about that. There is a program called SATPC32 that is sold by AMSAT that will drive your azimuth and elevation rotators when used with LVB Tracker hardware also sold by AMSAT. (http://store.amsat.org/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=50) and (https://sites.google.com/site/wa4sxm/home). I have also given it thought for the Satellite Tracker program to drive the Azimuth and Elevation rotators as well. What you are asking for, and I have also thought about this too, is too add software to the Satellite Tracker program to control the radio via a serial port for Doppler shifts correction and other similar things.

It is on my list of looking in to. However, I always seem to be moving around so much that I can't sit in one place long enough to do any work on anything. I just sold my house in Cheraw, SC and now live in Warrenville, SC. However, I am not sure how long I will be here either. I need a permanent place to settle in to so I can get on with things that I would rather do rather than always moving.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:23:23 PM by John Eccles »
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker