Author Topic: Celestron SLT series supported?  (Read 3355 times)

Offline Ewan Mackenzie

• Welcome to the Satellite Tracker Forum
Celestron SLT series supported?
« on: August 07, 2014, 07:19:23 PM »
Hi,
I apologize if I am just being stupid but I cant seem to get my SLT mount to work with the software.
I don't believe it is supported but surely all of the protocols are similar? The hand control and the motor firmware have just been updated to the latest and the connection is successful on a variety of mount interface options, but the scope always seems to continuously spin in circles and gives me a slew limit warn.
Thanks,
Ewan

Offline John Eccles

• Owner of Satellite Tracker and Yahoo Satellite Tracker
  • Administrator
    • Satellite Tracker
Re: Celestron SLT series supported?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 08:18:06 AM »
Ewan,

One way to find out would be to download the group messages that I have archived on another topic here on the forum called "Archived Messages". Once you download it then you can search through the entire archive for the keyword SLT to see what you can come up with. You'll get your answer much quicker as that is what I would end up doing since I am still not all that familiar with all of the mounts that are supported. The "Archived Messages" is all of the Yahoo Group messages that have occurred since inception to a couple of months ago. It is a very valuable archive of data and you will find a lot of good information there.

Regards,

John Eccles

Update:  So I was loading the document based on load times being reported as being very long. While it was loaded I did a "Whole Word Only" search for SLT and came up with 14 hits. Please see message numbers 2105, 2113, 2115, 2116, 2117, 2257, 2282, 2283, 2821, 2822, 5597, and 6027. Message 6027 says that a Celestron SLT will work with Satellite Tracker if you use the interface for NexstarGPS. Maybe give that a try!

John
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 08:05:27 PM by John Eccles »
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker

Offline Carsten Wartmann

• Welcome to the Satellite Tracker Forum
Re: Celestron SLT series supported?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 08:04:53 AM »
Just a not for users finding this by search:

My NexStar SLT with HC+ controller works with the NexStartGPS driver.

Carsten