Author Topic: Strange Message from Satellite Tracker  (Read 3766 times)

Offline Jack Thewlis

• Welcome to the Satellite Tracker Forum
Strange Message from Satellite Tracker
« on: September 20, 2015, 11:23:34 AM »
I successfully used Sat Tracker v2.4.9 some years ago with my LX200 Classic 10" but it's all been in mothballs for a while. I recently decided to do the recommended maintenance on the various tantalum capacitors. Everything runs nicely using a new 12v switching power supply.

After successfully controlling the scope indoors using version 2.5.0, I now seem to have upset something somewhere. To cut a long story short, when I select a visible satellite and press the Track button, I get a message to the effect that Sat Tracker 'Can't put the scope into the correct time frame. Try increasing slew speed'. Or words to that effect.
I've fitted a new battery and confirmed that all the LX200 basic setup parameters, scope coordinates, local time, etc. are in place. So what does it mean?
Anyone have any ideas as to what I should check?
Many thanks,
WaveGuide

Offline John Eccles

• Owner of Satellite Tracker and Yahoo Satellite Tracker
  • Administrator
    • Satellite Tracker
Re: Strange Message from Satellite Tracker
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 11:52:20 AM »
Do you get this same strange message with version 2.4.9d?
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker

Offline Jack Thewlis

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 06:28:05 AM »
Hello John, thanks for your swift response.
No, the earlier version was fine in that sense. Indeed so was v2.5.0 until a few weeks ago.
I seem to have caused a problem after replacing the power jack socket to fit the new 12v supply. This was also fine for a while, then after shortening the serial cable things went downhill. Same result with a different cable, so I think it's an internal issue.

I suspect the problem is in the hardware, but I hoped the message gave a clue about what to check.
I'm reasonably competant at this sort of thing but can't fathom where it's gone wrong. I've fitted the recommended capacitors and resolved a declination runaway problem I had, so have a reasonable understanding of the drive. I'm not 'into' electronics however.
Cheers

Offline Blake Estes

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 08:53:46 PM »
Hi there,
I'm new here, and perhaps I'm doing something wrong setting wise, but I also encounter this problem when trying to track with my LX200GPS. I would love to get to the bottom of this.

Offline John Eccles

• Owner of Satellite Tracker and Yahoo Satellite Tracker
  • Administrator
    • Satellite Tracker
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 09:55:14 PM »
Jack and Blake,

If the problem is persistent and occurs all the time I suggest that you go back to an earlier version of Satellite Tracker such as version 2.4.9d and see if the problem still persists. My hardware is not up and running since I have just moved to a new home and am still in the process of settling in.
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker