Author Topic: Download Error  (Read 96 times)

Offline Joey Tucker

• Welcome to the Satellite Tracker Forum
Download Error
« on: July 27, 2017, 02:20:05 AM »
I have made several attempts to download Satellite Tracker.  In each instance after download and upon installation attempts, I get repeated messages that the "File is corrupted".  Any advise.

Thanks and apology if posted in the wrong link.

Offline John Eccles

• Owner of Satellite Tracker and Yahoo Satellite Tracker
  • Administrator
    • Satellite Tracker
Re: Download Error
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 06:48:19 PM »
Which file are you trying to download?

Please keep in mind this fact:

When you download the file one must rename the extent from .e__ (that is dot e underscore underscore) to .exe since .exe files are hard and sometimes not permitted to be downloaded as captured by anti-virus programs.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 06:54:55 PM by John Eccles »
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker

Offline Joey Tucker

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 11:55:29 AM »
I have downloaded both 2.5.1 and 2.6.1; and followed instructions as directed below to change extensions.  Still i get the same message that file is corrupted.  I am attempting to run on Windows 10, and have heard that program is intended for XP.  Would this be a factor?

Offline John Eccles

• Owner of Satellite Tracker and Yahoo Satellite Tracker
  • Administrator
    • Satellite Tracker
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 10:22:12 PM »
The program runs on Windows 7 okay. There are people running on Windows 10 but I believe they are running on Windows 10 32 bit. You may be running Windows 10 64 bit which may be your problem. I have not run Windows 10 here because I just don't like it. I know, as a developer, I should be using Windows 10 now. I do have a new machine that has Windows 10 on it but I have not had a chance to move my development environment over to that. In any event, the Satellite Tracker program is designed to run only on 32 bit since the compiler I am using does not have 64 bit capability.
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker

Offline Joey Tucker

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 10:08:06 AM »
I ran the compatibility function and reset to Windows 8. Program loaded and all is well.  Thanks