Author Topic: Status of Version 2.6.1  (Read 387 times)

Offline Jimmy Andrews

• Welcome to the Satellite Tracker Forum
Status of Version 2.6.1
« on: April 01, 2017, 04:46:28 AM »

No Reply button on your general announcement 'Status of Version 2.6.1'

Late reply on version 2.6.1

The CPU usage when not tracking was too high (100%)
Switched back to v2.5.1

May be my setup or install since no one else has replied.

I run v2.5.1 and v2.6.1 from same directory and both use the same .ini file

I will reinstall v2.6.1 into it's own separate directory and test again.

----

ASCOM compatibility?

I was under the impression that ASCOM will not send a second goto until the previous goto finishes.
Hopefully I'm wrong again. 
Not a problem at sidereal speeds, but I'm sending about 29 goto's per second to my Astro-Physics 900GTO mount.
Options / Preferences / Tracking-Factor = 0

Jimmy

Offline John Eccles

• Owner of Satellite Tracker and Yahoo Satellite Tracker
  • Administrator
    • Satellite Tracker
Re: Status of Version 2.6.1
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 09:51:31 PM »
1.  "General Announcements" is read only, hence, no replies are allowed.

2.  I have run version 2.6.1 and CPU utilization is normal just like version 2.5.1. I will wait for your report with the separate directory.

3.  ASCOM compatibility - Currently ASCOM implementation is being added for Losmandy mounts via the Ethernet interface at 100 MBS in order to attain smooth tracking. Message rate is extremely fast and, yes, a current GOTO must complete before a new GOTO is issued via ASCOM based on what I have found. I will update this statement if I find otherwise during my testing.

Note: Please put possible version 2.6.1 bug reports in the Satellite Tracker Software Bug Reports - You must be registered to Post! Satellite Tracker Bug Reports Satellite Tracker Version 2.6.1 (Beta) section. I tried to move this and was unable to do so. Best thing to do is report in that section and delete this post. ASCOM information goes into the section: Satellite Tracker Software Bug Reports - You must be registered to Post! Satellite Tracker Bug Reports ASCOM Related Issues
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker