Author Topic: Telescope Runaways  (Read 45 times)

Offline Matthew Nelson

• Welcome to the Satellite Tracker Forum
Telescope Runaways
« on: December 01, 2017, 02:03:09 PM »
I have been using 2.6.1 extensively with a Celestron CGE-Pro mount.  On occasion when slewing
to, or tracking, a satellite near the meridian, the software will run the telescope toward the floor
in declination.  Shutting off tracking stops the telescope, which then repoints normally and usually
re-tracks the target as well.

Offline John Eccles

• Owner of Satellite Tracker and Yahoo Satellite Tracker
  • Administrator
    • Satellite Tracker
Re: Telescope Runaways
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 09:53:22 PM »
I haven't heard of such reports before. However, you might want to do a search of the old Yahoo Group archived messages to see if there were any similar reports. I would normally do that but right now I am very busy with packing and planning for my next move back to Florida. So I am really tied up. Go to the section of this forum called: "Software Repository, Archived Messages, Pictures, and Software Utilities - You must be registered to download files or view content! " and go to the subheading "Archived Messages". You can do a search using keywords like meridian, runaway, and the like.
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker