Author Topic: Archived Group Messages  (Read 4188 times)

Offline John Eccles

• Owner of Satellite Tracker and Yahoo Satellite Tracker
  • Administrator
    • Satellite Tracker
Archived Group Messages
« on: August 05, 2014, 09:05:25 AM »
This is the latest version of all of the Group Messages that I archived from the group. It is missing some of the very recent messages and I will get those soon. This is a very large file and will take some time to download it so please be patient. I put it here so only registered members can gain access to the file and data.

This can be very handy when you load it into Microsoft Word and do searches on specific terms that you may have interest in. For example, I did a search for 8SE with the option of "whole words only" and was able to glean information about the use of the Nexstar 8SE with the Satellite Tracker program. This is a very valuable file and should provide a vast amount of information that has transpired over the years.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 09:10:57 AM by John Eccles »
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker

Offline Jimmy Andrews

• Welcome to the Satellite Tracker Forum
Re: Archived Group Messages
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 03:18:33 PM »

Took 9 minutes to download SatelliteTrackerMessage1thru8088.docx 10MB archive file.

Took 17 minutes to open SatelliteTrackerMessage1thru8088.docx 10MB into OpenOffice.

Saved as SatelliteTrackerMessage1thru8088.odt  4MB filesize.  This is OpenOffice's default file format.

Took 10 minutes to open SatelliteTrackerMessage1thru8088.odt into OpenOffice.

Saved as SatelliteTrackerMessage1thru8088.txt  11MB filesize, 390,000 lines long.

Opened SatelliteTrackerMessage1thru8088.txt  11MB in 10 seconds

For me the text file is the easiest to open and search for text.

Jimmy

Offline John Eccles

• Administrator
    • Satellite Tracker
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 07:55:17 PM »
I am using Microsoft Word 2010 on a Dell XPS 17, i7, 8 Mb RAM, and it loads 7,207 pages in 45 seconds. The file is on my local hard drive, C:. Results may vary from user to user and computer to computer so please take that into account.

John
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker

Offline John Eccles

• Administrator
    • Satellite Tracker
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 05:24:08 PM »
Upon request I have uploaded a .pdf version of the archived messages.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 11:16:35 PM by John Eccles »