Author Topic: Notifications  (Read 2615 times)

Offline John Eccles

• Owner of Satellite Tracker and Yahoo Satellite Tracker
  • Administrator
    • Satellite Tracker
Notifications
« on: February 10, 2015, 01:08:40 PM »
There have been a few emails regarding notifications. I will provide some instructions on the setup that I use.

After you log in click on Profile, then click on Modify Profile, and in the drop down list click on Notifications.

Under notifications you have the following items:

A check box that says "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic"                    I have checked this one

A check box that says: "When sending notifications of a reply to a topic, send the post in the email (but please don't reply to these emails)"   I have checked this one

A line that says: "For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me:"

You have these selections:

Instantly                                                                     I have chosen this one
              Instantly - but only for the first unread reply
              Daily
              Weekly

A line that says: "For topics and boards I've requested notifications on, notify me of:"

You have these selections:

Replies and moderation                                                I have chosen this one
              Moderation only if I started the topic
              Only replies
              Nothing at all

After setting these up you will have to go back to the topics of interest and select Notify. That should do it. Now you will get the text of the topic or reply in the email notification you receive.

I have found that any attachments will NOT appear in the notification you receive. You must log on to the forum to see the attachments corresponding to the notification of interest.
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker