Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Mount Discussions / USB GPS unit
« Last post by Niels Foldager on April 20, 2017, 04:08:01 PM »
Can someone recommend a good USB GPS unit (dongle, puck or the like)
and software to read and adjust the system clock?

(Win7 and Win10)

Best regards,

Niels 
Mount Discussions / Re: TRACKING - Precision Correction: Celestron Nexstar SE
« Last post by John Eccles on April 18, 2017, 08:00:29 PM »
There is no ASCOM Interface with Satellite Tracker software.

Not all telescopes are capable of doing what you suggest, hence, why it does what it does, simply because of possible damage to the telescope if there would be interference in doing what you suggest.

For the time being, I don't think it would be a wise move to include an option one could select in Satellite Tracker to do what you suggest since this option could possibly be selected by accident and then would result in damage to the telescope should interference occur.
Mount Discussions / TRACKING - Precision Correction: Celestron Nexstar SE
« Last post by Marcel Kukuricas on April 18, 2017, 12:58:35 PM »
It is one thing to improve tracking near zenith.

My azimuthal mount is correct as follows: if the ISS in elevation, for example, is 80 , then it is trying to rotate almost 180 from the west direction to east direction. It would be simple if the telescope simply turned in the elevation "down the head". Of course, it is important to set the eyepiece ready for observation before and after elevation.

Did you try to set anything, for example, in Satellite Tracker? Or do you know if anything could be activated / set in ASCOM settings?
> Each time you visit the forum there is a link just under your name
> that says "Show unread post since last visit"

Sorry, to be ignorant, but I cannot find my name or the link; even I use the "Find ..." function.
(I am logged in since I can write this message)

> Also, at the bottom of the forum there is a section called "Satellite Tracker
> Recent Posts" and will list the recent posts starting with the latest.

That one I see. Thank you.

Mount Discussions / Re: Problem to find port and connect
« Last post by Niels Foldager on April 18, 2017, 07:33:38 AM »
Thank you, John. I will look closer into that.

Best regards,

Niels
Mount Discussions / Re: Problem to find port and connect
« Last post by John Eccles on April 17, 2017, 10:46:42 AM »
You first have to get your computer to generate a COM port off of the USB/RS232 adapter. You will need a driver for that if WIN10 does not already do that for you. Please consult the adapter manufacturer for the driver and instructions on how to get the adapter operational on a WIN10 computer. Once the driver is operational then you need to find out the COM port number that was assigned to the adapter and then you can get Satellite Tracker to talk to your COM port. Device Manager on your computer will tell you the COM port assignment.
Each time you visit the forum there is a link just under your name that says "Show unread post since last visit" which will get you that information.  Also, at the bottom of the forum there is a section called "Satellite Tracker Recent Posts" and will list the recent posts starting with the latest. Links on the list will take you to that post.
Mount Discussions / Problem to find port and connect
« Last post by Niels Foldager on April 17, 2017, 10:36:11 AM »
I am trying to connect Satellite Tracker to an LX200 compatible mount (TTS-160, www.trackthestars.com).
My computer has no com connector so I am using a USB/RS232 adapter.

However, I can not connect to the telescope by any of the 16 COM ports in Satellite Tracker.

How do I find the port in Win10?

Do I need to install some driver?

I very much appreciate any hint. Thank you in advance.

Niels
The old Yahoo group had the advantage that new posts passed the mailbox, so you discovered them.
As a newcomer to this forum, it is difficult to find the most recent posts. Is there a function that can help with that? If not, I suggest a way to see the last posts created.
Mount Discussions / Re: NexStar 6SE Supported?
« Last post by Randy Sowder on April 13, 2017, 07:51:48 PM »
Thanks for the info John. I'll checkout the archived posts.

Randy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10