Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Imaging Discussions / ISS Sun Moon crossing software
« Last post by Jimmy Andrews on July 05, 2017, 02:25:46 PM »

Got this ISS-Sun image and software link from the Astro-Physics forum

http://www.astrobin.com/full/302015/0/?nc=AnonymousUser&real=&mod=

I had been using CalSky for ISS Sun Moon crossings

Transit-finder is very easy to setup and use.

http://transit-finder.com/

Jimmy
Pictures / Re: Sat Tracker Win8 ISS Monitor
« Last post by John Eccles on June 13, 2017, 10:27:01 PM »
When running Win 7/64 bit try using the default Windows theme. I have noticed that, for some reason, some themes mess up the display of Satellite Tracker but not necessarily the operation. If the scope is making some kind of reciprocating type of action with the COM port disconnected something must have run afoul with the communications and some corrupted data sent the scope into an unexplained mode of operation. Currently my test setup is not yet setup as everything is boxed up as I may be moving again.
Satellite Tracker Bug Reports / Re: Satellite Tracker version 2.5.1
« Last post by John Eccles on June 13, 2017, 10:21:09 PM »
I have not tested Satellite Tracker with Windows 10. What you are seeing on Windows 10 may be caused by the Theme you are using. Try using the standard, default, Windows Theme and then see what you get.

With regard to Iridium, I am not sure why you are getting those parameters. If you are using version 2.6.1(beta) try stepping back one revision to version 2.5.1 and see what you get, if you could.
Pictures / Re: Sat Tracker Win8 ISS Monitor
« Last post by Jack Thewlis on June 10, 2017, 10:46:40 AM »
With reference to the displaced ISS World Map graphic, I get this when running under Windows 7 64bit. Some of the other world maps for general satellites are also corrupted. Running under Win7/64, I found my LX200 tracking to be a prpblem during my bench testing. After starting a tracking, somtimes the scope began making a reciprocating type of action, which continued even after deconneting the COM link. Using Win7/32bit, everything appears normal.
Cheers,
Jack
« Last post by Jack Thewlis on June 10, 2017, 06:50:25 AM »
I downloaded Iridiums and it said only two iridium satellites were visible from my location, 17 and 41... But on GoSatWatch it shows three, and they are 53,77, and 73...

Are your Sat tracker visibity parameters (minimum altitude for example) the same as in GoSarWatch? The TLEs being used should be identical, so if one system says visible and the other says not, the internal settings must be different.

When I download stations TLE the ISS monitor doesnt change currentlyh showing the ISS just passing Madagascar and heading south when it should be heading for the US and going north...

I noticed a similar thing yesterday while testing out my system. For ISS try using the 'Last5' script. I found that sorted it out. I don't understand why I'm afraid.

I SEE the data coming down. what am I possibly doing wrong unless space-track is woefully wrong?

I think you can be sure that SpaceTrack data are accurate. The issues always seem to be local for me. For example Sat Tracker runs fine under Win 7 32bit, but using my 64bit laptop the ISS world map is is placed over the tracking section and my LX200 does some very peculiar movements that I don't get with the 32bit pc. They don't communicate satisfactorily under 64bit operating system. I think I'll have to re-install Win 7 as 32bit or the laptop won't work. Maybe this has been confirmedalready, but the forum is virtually deserted these dats and I find navigating through the old threads rather tedious.

Jack
« Last post by Marc Dantonio on June 08, 2017, 09:16:47 PM »
Hello Mark,
I'm just starting again with Satellite Tracker after a three year break due to scope problems.
Are you actually downloading the current TLE's?
Have you edited the TLE batch files so they use your SpaceTrack.org username and password?
If not, the program may not have downloaded anything and is using old TLE listings that may be in the parent folder. This would explain your results.
I've just edited my batch files and the downloaded ISS TLE provides the same position in orbit as shown by the Heavens Above website.
Hope this helps.
Jack

Jack,
Also when I load stations.txt I see in the list the FLOCK sats but the Tiangong and ISS are not in the list yet they are in the file at the end... I thought at first that maybe the sats listed were just those visible but a quick look at the Lat and Long showed that these were at 58 degrees EAST longitude... I am 73 WEST longitude.. Couldnt have been farther away almost... So the list shows all satellites as far as I can tell. If the ISS TLE are not showing up in the list within sattrack then perhaps this is why the ISS monitor is showing erroneous information?

To check the data I downloaded the Iridiums and checked against elements online with the iridium TLE as downloaded and they are correct...

I also noticed that the Object Data display on the left at first upon selection of a sat in the list, appears to be acting properly but for example with FLOCK 1-21 all goes normal with the Longitude decrementing in this particular case normally apparently but then suddenly it has a 'spasm' and the longitude begins jumping all over the place going for instance from -69 , -68, then suddenly -53, -11, and various other incredibly wrong values. The latitude does the same thing. Then it settles down for a short time, seems to be working normally and then starts this crazy behavior once again...

Jack I cant understand what is wrong but I fear connecting my telescope as it could suddenly try to go places that are physically impossible and one after the other in rapid increments...

Does any of this sound familiar?

Thanks ....
Marc

« Last post by Marc Dantonio on June 08, 2017, 08:08:35 PM »
Hi Jack,
I downloaded new TLE files. I had changed the user name and password to my space-track site creds and confirmed its right. I downloaded and have photos I took of the download working. I downloaded Iridiums and it said only two iridium satellites were visible from my location, 17 and 41... But on GoSatWatch it shows three, and they are 53,77, and 73...
When I download stations TLE the ISS monitor doesnt change currentlyh showing the ISS just passing Madagascar and heading south when it should be heading for the US and going north...

I SEE the data coming down. what am I possibly doing wrong unless space-track is woefully wrong?

Marc
« Last post by Marc Dantonio on June 08, 2017, 07:38:39 PM »
Thanks Jack I will confirm this... I see something getting downloaded and the error messages I WAS seeing on the command prompt window were replaced with what I thought was a positive result. The files also have the latest date... I will check again.  I really hope this works because I absolutely love the idea of tracking satellites with the LX200 gps...

thanks...
Marc
Regarding the object listing, when I display the listing I can not see ISS, will that be because is not in visible? and will only appear in the listing when visible, is that correct?[

Hello Miguel,
I realise this reply is probably too late, but even if the ISS is not visible at your location, it's current position is displayed on the World Map available to the right side of the Sat Tracker interface.
Cheers,
Jack
« Last post by Jack Thewlis on June 08, 2017, 09:15:19 AM »
Hello Mark,
I'm just starting again with Satellite Tracker after a three year break due to scope problems.
Are you actually downloading the current TLE's?
Have you edited the TLE batch files so they use your SpaceTrack.org username and password?
If not, the program may not have downloaded anything and is using old TLE listings that may be in the parent folder. This would explain your results.
I've just edited my batch files and the downloaded ISS TLE provides the same position in orbit as shown by the Heavens Above website.
Hope this helps.
Jack
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10