Author Topic: Sat Tracker Win8 ISS Monitor  (Read 2609 times)

Offline John Eccles

• Owner of Satellite Tracker and Yahoo Satellite Tracker
  • Administrator
    • Satellite Tracker
Sat Tracker Win8 ISS Monitor
« on: April 25, 2014, 07:17:58 PM »
Sat Tracker Win8 ISS Monitor

This picture shows the ISS map image displaced away from the normal position within the window. I have been unable to reproduce this since I do not have a Windows 8 machine. The program Satellite Tracker has been tested on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 only and has been targeted only for those operating systems to date. The compiler I use to generate this program is only good up to and including Windows 7.

John
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 07:24:21 PM by John Eccles »
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker

Offline Jack Thewlis

• Welcome to the Satellite Tracker Forum
Re: Sat Tracker Win8 ISS Monitor
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 10:46:40 AM »
With reference to the displaced ISS World Map graphic, I get this when running under Windows 7 64bit. Some of the other world maps for general satellites are also corrupted. Running under Win7/64, I found my LX200 tracking to be a prpblem during my bench testing. After starting a tracking, somtimes the scope began making a reciprocating type of action, which continued even after deconneting the COM link. Using Win7/32bit, everything appears normal.
Cheers,
Jack

Offline John Eccles

• Owner of Satellite Tracker and Yahoo Satellite Tracker
  • Administrator
    • Satellite Tracker
Re: Sat Tracker Win8 ISS Monitor
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 10:27:01 PM »
When running Win 7/64 bit try using the default Windows theme. I have noticed that, for some reason, some themes mess up the display of Satellite Tracker but not necessarily the operation. If the scope is making some kind of reciprocating type of action with the COM port disconnected something must have run afoul with the communications and some corrupted data sent the scope into an unexplained mode of operation. Currently my test setup is not yet setup as everything is boxed up as I may be moving again.
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker